Lister Environmental Policy
The Board of James Lister & Sons Ltd place their commitment to Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety (QEHS) matters before profit. The company is determined to meet, as a minimum, all legal requirements, and any further requirements resulting from any agreements with customers or other bodies. Specifically the company will meet the requirements of ISO9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System), which are internationally recognised standards for QEHS. All relevant provisions will at all times be maintained as a matter of strict company policy and carry the full authority of the Chief Executive, who maintains a personal focus on these matters.
Protection of the environment is key to the Company’s vision and focus for the future. To this end, the Board, Management and staff of Lister will work to reduce or eliminate the Company’s impact upon the environment.
To achieve this vision the Company will:
1) Comply fully with all legislation & codes of practice relevant to the company’s work
2) Employ positive environmental practices in its daily operations to prevent pollution
3) Reduce the amount of waste produced and only use Registered Waste Disposal companies for the removal of all waste
4) Increase the amount of recycled product produced
5) Ensure energy is used more efficiently and where practicable, change to greener forms of energy (e.g. gradual change of company fleet vehicles to new generation hybrid models)
6) Use only biodegradable cleaning products and ensure that all chemicals used are fully REACH compliant
7) Assess and review it’s database of Suppliers to ensure that they possess an Environmental Policy and/or are certificated to ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System)
8) Inform all staff of this policy and ensure that adequate training is given to implement it at all levels
9) Document, implement and maintain the company’s environmental management system
10) Make available to any relevant parties the company’s policy document
The company’s environmental performance will be regularly assessed via a series of pre-set Reviews. These Reviews will be used to continually improve and also lessen the company’s environmental impacts.
19 September 2012
reviewed 12 March 2014
reviewed 8 March 2016
reviewed 6 March 2017